Speedglas™ Super Light ADF Welding Helmet
The 3M Speedglas SL was designed to be lightweight and is excellent for TIG welding applications. At only 13 oz. (including filter), it’s 25% lighter than our current auto-darkening welding helmets.
The head suspension increases adjustability. ADF shades 8-12 with 4 sensitivity levels.
- Approximately 13 ounces, including the filter, the SL is lighter than any other Speedglas helmet.
- Narrow helmet, making it ideal for welding in very tight spaces.
- Motion sensor automatically turns ON the welding filter when you pick up the helmet, making this helmet ideal for quick welding tasks.
- Made from strong non-absorbent materials that help reduce weight
- Variable Auto-Darkening Filter: Shades 8-12
- Viewing area: 1.68" (43mm) x 3.57" (91mm)
- 2 Sensors
- TIG Rating >1 Amp
- 1,500 hr battery life
- Switching speed: <0.15ms
- Meets ANSI Z87.1-2010 standards
How's your close up vision?
To be the best welder you can be you may need to use a "Cheater Lens" -- or "Magnifying Lens"
Not sure which Magnifying lens to choose?
Check out this Technical Focus Paper written by Arc-Zone founder Jim Watson:
Choosing Welding Helmets and Goggles: .pdf
We think you will find it interesting and informative!