Nylon Tube & Pipe Purge Plugs
Plugs sold individually (packs of one). Select specific size from the drop down menu above.
Low cost expanding plugs for purging pipe and tube welding applications. Manufactured from durable nylon; a high quality engineered polymer capable of resisting rusting, corrosion, chemical damage, and shattering. These plugs are not high temperature, so they need to be placed a bit farther away from the weld area.
For High Temp Jobs Consider Aluminum Plugs.
- High accuracy, compact sealing, and long-life durability
- Nylon plugs are 20% lighter than metal, can be easily cleaned and maintained
- Easy expansion due to the friction-reducing copolymer thrust washer, inserted between the plate & wing nut
- The larger sizes are reinforced in order to provide strength and rigidity during use.
- Strong seal can withstand up to 100 psi (pressure per square inch) and up to 100 ft. head of water.
Nylon Purge Plug Styles; Solid & Hollow Stem
- Solid stem plugs cover diameters from 0.5" (13 mm) to 1.5" (38 mm).
- Hollow stem plugs cover a diameter range from 0.05" (13 mm) to 6" (150 mm).
- Hollow stem plugs use an end cap with internal rubber seal, a hose connector tailpiece & a nut for connecting a gas inlet hose or vent hose.
- The 'O' shaped ring seal and a locking keyway make it easy to assemble and keep it from leaking.
- Plugs are easy to disassemble for cleaning.