Fiberglass Weld Backing Tape (Choose Size & Amperage Rating from Drop Down Menu)
Fiber Insulated Aluminum Backing Tape. 2.5" (64mm) & 4" (102mm) x 75' (23m) Long. 200 & 600 Amp rated roll of aluminum adhesive tape with Heat Resistant, woven glass fiber insulating strip. For high-quality welds and minimized post weld clean up.
Eliminate the need to back purge by attaching the backing tape to the backside of the weld when welding thin wall stainless steel sheet and vessels from one side only. This specially engineered tape supports the weld puddle and surrounds the weld pool with shield gas, while giving a consistent high quality under-bead profile.
- Suitable for SMAW (Stick), GTAW (TIG) & GMAW (MIG) Applications
- Compatible with Carbon, Aluminum Alloys, & Stainless Steel
- Glue Backing: 260°C (500°F)
- Aluminum Tape: 593°C (1,100°F)
- Fiberglass Strip: 550°C (1,022°F)
How To Use:
- Align desired base metals with the required root gap.
- Center the fiberglass strip over the back side of the root gap.
- Position the fiberglass strip in a convex shape away from the backside of the weld area, to contain the purge gas from the torch tip while avoiding consuming the material.
- Press the adhesive sections of tape along the sides, centering fiberglass strip over weld joint and continuing over the entire length of the material.
- Upon completion of welding, allow the piece to cool before removing the tape.
Made in USA