Jan 2019: MAKE THIS YEAR YOUR YEAR TO CONQUER ALL OF YOUR WELDING APPLICATIONS. FIND THE YEAR’S BEST TOOLS & TIPS RIGHT HERE!
AMPLIFY YOUR RESULTS
With so many Tungsten electrode types, it may be difficult to decide which one is right for your application. Some professionals recommend testing to determine which Tungsten is best suited for you, but we’d like to make it a little easier by offering a simple guideline.
- Hybrid: With a combination of high-quality rare earth oxides, this general use electrode has a longer tip life, superior arc stability, and current continuity.
- Thoriated: This general use electrode has an excellent arc behavior and good tip life but may raise health, safety and environmental concerns due to its radioactive blend.
- Ceriated: Commonly used for orbital tube, pipe welding & small parts, this non-radioactive formula is good for DC welding with low amperage.
- Lanthanated: Popular general use, non-radioactive blend that features excellent ignition/re-ignition and good service life.
- Zirconiated: The non-radioactive blend balls up easily in AC applications, features good ignition, and has an excellent current capacity.
- Pure: This tungsten has a high “work-function” which makes it difficult to maintain a stable arc and also results in a shorter life.
- ICE-T: The perfect choice for automated TIG & PAW welding, this Cryogenic treated tungsten is easier to start, has a longer tip life, and produces consistent welds.
Now that you know what you need, visit www.arc-zone.com to check out the variety of tungsten we have to offer.
WHY OUTSOURCE, WHEN YOU CAN DIY?
The new year is all about new beginnings, fresh starts, setting goals, and making improvements. Here at Arc-Zone, our new year’s resolution is to make things easier for our customers.
We now offer top of the line cable cutting, crimping, and swaging tools, as well as U.S. and international style copper and brass fittings, nipples, and connectors to help you build new or repair old power cables or water, gas and power leads.
To make it even easier on you, give our customer care team a call and they’ll guide you towards the perfect tools for your welding application.
Some say, “Nothing worth having comes easy.” Well those people must not have the Flametech Scorpion EZ-CUT because this pre-set mechanized controller makes cutting on both horizontal and vertical surfaces a breeze. It cuts with a consistent push or pull and allows up to a 60° bevel. With strong magnets to hold any position and tracks available from 15-48 inches, the Flametech Scorpion EZ-CUT allows for straight, clean, and longer cuts which reduces grinding and rework. Purchase the EZ-CUT today to enjoy an easier experience!
BLACKBURN: FABRICATE, INFLUENCE, REPEAT
Dave Blackburn, the newest addition to the Arc-Zone Pro Partnership, is a multi-faceted man. Interested in welding since he was a kid, Dave’s been working tirelessly on his way to the top where he now owns his own mobile welding company. According to Dave, if it weren’t for the people who taught him the ropes, he wouldn’t be where he is today … which is why he’s on a mission to become a mentor for other up and coming kids in the trades industry. He’s truly a diamond in the rough and we are stoked to have him on our team.
To learn more about Dave’s life, passions, and hobbies, visit the www.JoeWelder.com
Meet Jeremy Bitonti (@jermfsu), a friction stir welding technician who learned how to weld at 15 years old while he swept floors at a machine shop. He says, “I watched over the old timers’ shoulders while they ran the machines and tried to learn without them catching me.” Without any direction or guidance, he spent many lunch breaks “shocking and burning” himself until he got it right. After a year of practice, he was able to prove his welding skills to his boss and continued welding until he moved onto a different shop. 15 years and 4 shops later, Jeremy is now welding rockets at SpaceX (@spacex).
The projects Jeremy works on are top secret but something he’s allowed to share is that he highly recommends the Sharpie tungsten grinder for a clean and direct arc point, our Monster nozzle for great coverage and smoother welds, and the Flex head TIG torch combined with our LowRider kit to reach tighter areas.
Safety Doesn’t Happen by Accident … or does it?
We can only assume what the Occupational Safety and Health Administration have to say about the practices occurring here. We’re pretty sure nothing is OSHA approved.
ALL SHINY ‘N NEW
For a small business, like ours, arriving at our #20Year anniversary, is call for a celebration. Mostly, we’re celebrating by offering you top notch technical service, quality products, innovative solutions to make your welding life better. So give us a call, place an order, tag us on social media, or shoot us an email. We’d love to hear from you!