Air or Water-Cooled TIG Torch: Have it Your Way!
At Arc-Zone we’re all about improving your welding performance. Our team of skilled technicians has been working hard on developing a line of innovative Welding Machine Upgrade kits—the JW Signature Series (JWS Series) of welding solutions.
Last week we wrote about our JWS Air-Cooled TIG Torch Upgrade kit for the Miller Diversion® power supplies. This is a basic upgrade kit that allows you to switch out your factory-installed WP-17 (A-150) series 12.5 (3.8m), a general-purpose TIG torch, for a more modern 12.5’ (3.8m), 25’ (7.6m) or 50’ (15.2m) torch in a rigid or flexible head design.
You can greatly improve your welding versatility with the Air-Cooled Upgrade Kit, but when you’re ready to amp up your TIG welding even more you’ll want to get the JWS Air/Water-Cooled TIG Torch Upgrade Kit.
With the Air/Water-Cooled Upgrade Kit not only will you improve your machine’s performance even more, you’ll improve your ability to do a wider variety of welding jobs, and have the ability to accessorize your torch and work lead to achieve high-quality TIG welding on a variety of material types and thicknesses.
When you’re ready to go to the next level and add air and water-cooled TIG Torches to your tool kit, the JWS Air/Water-Cooled TIG Torch Upgrade Kit is for you!
- 1ea. Black Female Panel Mount Power DINSE Receptacle
- 1ea. Red Female Panel Mount Work Lead DINSE Receptacle
- 1ea. Red Male Work Lead DINSE Connector
- All Related Hardware to Complete Your Miller Diversion Upgrade
The JWS Air/Water-Cooled TIG Torch Upgrade Kit is affordable and easy to install in just a few steps:
- Turn Off Machine’s Power Switch and UNPLUG THE POWER CORD!
- Remove the machine cover, factory-installed TIG Torch, and work lead connector and strain relief(s). Save the covered Work Lead cable with Eyelet Connector.
- Cut the covered Work Lead (opposite the Eyelet Connector) so you have 12″ of work lead cable. This will be your new Internal Work Lead connection to the (red) Panel Connector.
- Strip the end of the covered Work Lead (opposite end of the Eyelet Connector) and connect the Arc-Zone supplied 45 degree angle connector.
- Drill the two existing holes in the machine’s front panel to 30mm (1-3/16″) (TIG torch/Work Lead connections) using the Arc-Zone supplied Bore Drill
- The 30mm hole must have a 1/4″ x 1/4″ inch keyway cut into the enlarged holes to nest the New Panel Receptacles. This can be done with a hand file. If you do not perform steps 5 & 6, you could have the Welding current in direct contact with the machines chassis.
- Disassemble the Black and Red panel Mount Receptacles and insure that they fit into the holes on the machine’s front panel.
- Install TIG torch panel mount connector, (Black) into Upper Hole in machine face, with flat and lock washer so as to sandwich the machine’s power eyelet. Tighten as needed.
- Install Work Lead panel mount connector, (Red) into Lower Hole in machine face. Tighten as needed.
- Tighten the Work Lead eyelet connectors to the motherboard and the Lower (Red) Panel Connector.
- Verify that all connections are tight and Re-install the machine cover.
Complete your upgrade with a new high-performance TIG torch! Select the torch and amperage that best fits your application. Arc-Zone recommends having a “daily use” and a “micro” or “low-profile” TIG torch for those hard-to-reach areas. With two torch models, you’re covered for any job that comes through the shop door!
CK Micro TIG Torch Models:
CK General Purpose Rigid Torch Models:
CK General Purpose Flex-Neck Torch Models:
CK Flex-Loc Articulating Head Torch Models:
Our final series of articles about the JWS Upgrade Kits will cover the High-Purity Gas Supply Upgrade Kit, a premium kit for users who want to get the absolute highest-quality welds on exotic alloys like Stainless Steel, Titanium, etc…. stay tuned…