Q: Why have flooding cups caught the attention of TIG welders across the globe?
A: Better shield gas coverage! Monster™ Nozzles, range in orifice diameters from #10 = 5/8″ (15.mm) to #24 = 1-1/2″ (38mm). The nozzles are engineered to improve gas flow dynamics by using an integral gas diffuser in conjunction with a gas lens collet body. Monster™ nozzles improve shield gas coverage and reduce atmosphere contamination of the weld puddle for consistent and repeatable weld quality.
Q: Are they really worth the extra coin?
A: It depends on the job and the users skill set. For technical jobs that need to pass X-ray testing or other critical procedures, the Monster™ Nozzle is the best choice.
The Proof is in the Puddle™
Below is a comparison of Arc-Zone’s Monster™ Nozzle vs. a standard #8 TIG cup with a gas lens collet body. The ArcTime™ tungsten, amperage, gas flow, torch angle, pulse setting, and tungsten stick-out were set exactly the same on each weld.
Monster™ Gas Nozzles deliver a large umbrella of shielding gas for consistent TIG weld-quality, and reduced post-weld clean up caused by oxidation and weld discoloration.
- Adaptive: Change tungsten electrode stick-out to optimize for virtually any TIG welding application.
- Consistent: Maintain optimal, quality welds on stainless steel, titanium and other alloys.
- Economical: Value-priced alternative to purge chambers, trail cups, and other purge welding devices.
- Practical: Fits all popular TIG torches.
Q: What else is HOT?
A: A range of Monster™ Nozzles should be in every metal fabricators tool kit. Here are a few more accessories that you may want to add to your quiver:
- Vortex Nozzle: Super durable cup, made of anodized aluminum (much more durable than pink ceramic cups). It’s price point is a little bit higher, but if the application requires a sturdier cup, less prone to breaking & cracking, it’s worth the extra dough & it will quickly pay for itself.
- Large Diameter Gas Saver Kit: For those welding with high heat & using AC current, we’d suggest a Large Diameter Gas Saver kit. The DX kit will provide everything, including a spare large diameter alumina cup.
- Arc-Time Hybrid Tungsten: Premium Hybrid Non-Radioactive tungsten electrodes. State-of-the-Art formula improves weld quality, delivers longer electrode tip life, superior arc stability and current continuity. Manufactured to the highest standards with multiple concentrates of high-quality rare earth oxides expertly blended to maximize arc density. Ideal for all current ranges on both AC / DC TIG and PAW machines.
ArcTime™ The best non-radioactive replacement for 2% Thoriated (red tip) tungsten.