Sylvania (yes, the lightbulb people) are at present the only US source for tungsten electrodes. Nearly every tungsten electrode comes from China (75%) or Austria, Bolivia, Portugal, and Russia.
If you’re interested in learning more about tungsten production, there’s a great new website that offers some of the most comprehensive information about tungsten and tungsten electrodes for welding that I’ve seen in a while. (Yes, I may be a little biased, but there really is some good information about tungsten there.)
Now, Arc-Zone.com offers Sylvania Tungsten Electrodes, made in the US, and ready for immediate delivery:
- PURETUNG® / Pure Tungsten (Color Code Green)
- 1% Thoriated (Yellow) Tungsten Electrodes
- 2% Thoriated (Red) Tungsten Electrodes
- 1.5% Lanthanated (Gray) Tungsten Electrodes
- 2% Ceriated (Orange) Tungsten Electrodes and
- ZIRTUNG® / Zirconiated (Brown) Tungsten Electrodes
Arc-Zone will be stocking the standard 7″ length in diameters, 0.040″ to 1/8″ though other diameters are available. Contact sales –at– arc-zone.com for details.