How professional fabricators jig up their jobs
If you work at a production weld shop, we don’t need to tell you that Repetition-Repetition-Repetition is the name of the game. The key to a fabricator’s success is incorporating little tricks and tools that improve both efficiency and weld quality. Oftentimes, the right tools can turn a frustrating project into a “No Brainer”.
While clamps and magnetic squares seem simple, they are key to improving efficiency. Here’s a few of our favorite tools – perfect for custom fab shops:
- It’s a Fast & Easy way to hold metal workpieces at 45 or 90 degrees.
- Precision machined flat and V-surfaces are ideal for round and square tubing angle, and flat stock.
- The Hand Rest glides smoothly on cut-to-length angle iron allowing welders to steady their wrist and increase productivity.
- Reduce hand and shoulder stress and fatigue!
- For Platen and Universal Table Tops.
- Fast Secure Clamping – slide the clamp arm down to the workpiece and tighten the T handle.
- Unique, optional side kick attachment provides push-action horizontal clamping force!
- Function as heavy duty building blocks to elevate clamps and workpieces.
- Use riser blocks individually, or stacked, to elevate the workpiece or clamp.
- 172 Piece Kit – The Only thing holding you back, is your imagination.
- All the clamps, pads, blocks, risers, & stops you need to tackle ANY job!
For smaller shops with a tighter budget, we recommend the FixturePoint
Here’s a shot of the FixturePoint System – It’s ideal for the set-up of 2D frames. Clamps and Components can be inserted into the 16 mm holes on the 36″ x 24″ table top for complete flexibility in Modular Fixturing.
Maybe you don’t need all the bells and whistles of the FixturePoint
And what makes a Welding Table umm… Jiggy?
Yep, you guessed it!
If you just want to pick a couple helping hands, here are a few of our favorite individual fixturing pieces (compatible with both the Nomad
You can never have enough clamps in our opinion! Hold that piece down securely from all angles.
A compact, lightweight, Magnetic Level that easily mounts onto metal or wood surfaces.
It works as a third hand – Holds, Bends, & Twists! Easily adjusts for different shapes: round, flat, and angled metal surfaces.
Joanie Butler and the rest of the Arc-Zone.com® Team love to share innovative products and solutions as they get jiggy to move the industry forward. Contact Joanie at email@example.com for a quote today and keep Welding like a Pro!