Angelfire Welding Gear – Women Are Different

Angelfire women's welding wearWe’re glad someone noticed. It’s about time!

As you know I’ve been on the lookout for women welders to interview (more coming later this week) but in the meantime, I found out about this new line of women’s welding wear. Isn’t it amazing how sometimes things just all fall in line?

Out here in California we’d say something like “Must be Mercury is no longer in retrograde…”

Introducing AngelFire™ by the experts at Revco®

Santa Fe Springs, CA – Women are different… Revco noticed. That’s why Revco Industries has launched AngelFire, an innovative series of premium welding protection designed exclusively for women. Finally, women can break free from male attire and work more safely in clothes tailored to fit a woman’s body. No more clumsy gloves. No more oversized jackets. No more sparks down the collar.

AngelFire, launching under the recently released BSX line, features a warm chocolate brown color and smaller sizes to appeal directly to women. Revco predicts this fashionable line of welding products will invigorate enthusiasm among woman welders who, up until now, have been limited to wearing bulky jackets made to fit men.

“Women had no other choice at all. Being a TIG welder, you don’t even bother wearing a jacket because you’d rather be comfortable at work and ruin your own clothing than deal with a bulky man’s welding jacket. It’s a nightmare,” says Pamela Lesemann, a 15 year welder and welding instructor. But now there is the new AngelFire jacket. Lesemann raves, “I love it; I think it’s great. It’s soft, comfortable and it fits. Finally, something different.”

Yet a woman’s unique fit is only part of the appeal of the AngelFire series. With a reputation for excellence in the welding industry, Revco has raised the bar by designing high-caliber features into the new line. The result is an unrivaled combination of comfort, fit and protection previously unavailable to woman welders. “Revco is in the business of protecting all welders, and believe that women deserve access to products intended just for them. We’re proud to make that a reality today with protective wear designed with our highest level of expertise and innovation,” says Revco National Marketing Manager Jimmy Wu.

For example, the new Firefly™ TIG glove features an innovative flame resistant backing with a padded DragPatch™ for the ultimate in leading-edge protection. It maximizes control and dexterity critical to TIG welding, by utilizing premium grade goatskin and incorporating a seamless index finger into the glove’s snug fit construction. Similarly, the VelvetArc™ welding jacket introduces many industry firsts into a single flame resistant garment for women. It features adjustable waist straps to provide maximum fit, a stand-up welder’s collar, slant-opening scribe pockets, and a zippered inner pocket.

The AngelFire series will be available Spring 2008 through independent welding distributors (like Arc-Zone.com– more on that soon!) nationwide. Details and information about AngelFire products can be found at
www.bsxgear.com/AngelFire.

# # #

13 comments on “Angelfire Welding Gear – Women Are Different”:

1. Emalee Lemburg

Hello,
    glad to see they are staring to get gear for women. I work for an irragation co. in the mid-west and the gear is all in sizing for men, why? They say they can’t find other gear that will work, Ibeg to differ. I started to research this issue online and found anglefire thus far. I hope there is more gear out there. The regular black stallion jackets and the blue w/h leather sleeves style of jackets are far to long. I have to fold the sleeves down, then I put my gloves on and consiquently the sleeves bunch up and at time leave parts of my forarm exposed which leads to potential burns. There are just a handful of woman welders where I work, I want good PPE.

Like (0)
  2. Frantastic

I’m super excited about the new gear! I am taking my first welding class this semester at Mesa Community College in Mesa AZ. It’s a welding metal sculpture class. I was looking in my closet and wondering what I could wear that I could ruin but alos be safe so I don’t get hurt and I didn’t want to look too frumpy in class either. I know fashion is not suppossed to be a factor in welding but, I am also a fashion major at the school and I was hoping there would be a female line of welding attire out there I could get for class. I came across the new gear by Angel fire online and it looks totally rad, comfy and a perfect match to my style, they did an awesome job designing the look of it! I’m glad they finally came out with something tailored to women wleders, just in time for school! I am so excited, I’m going to be so stylin my first day!

Like (0)
  3. Monica Haines

I have been welding for 24 years and I have always struggled with the weld gear that is available.The gloves,the leathers,the safety equipment; It is all to big, bulky and ugly.I even wondered for many years if it was their way of trying to keep women out of the trades-LOL.Thank you, who ever the person is who thought of making industry gear for women.

Like (1)
  4. kim tormey ireland

hi there ladies and gentlemen,

i too am a lady welder for the past 12 years, mostly tig alloy welding, then stainless, titanium , copper and finaly as resision hit im welding rebar with mig.
    i am only 5ft 3 size 6 over here, think it 0 over there.
    i can get notting to fit me, i roast in summer and freeze in winter, iv so many burns and cuts and dents and scratches, but i kinda get a buzz from welding, its very great to see this site and know that there are others out there iv only see two other female welders in ireland and i was one of them.
    id love to hear about where to buy fire retardant lumo welding ware, as im working in a concrete factory and gota be visable to drivers of machines, be retardant from flames, agile as i gota lift and move alot of big parts and breatable that i dont pass out with the heat ??? any ideas grealty apriciated

Like (0)
  5. Erika

Hello .good to see gear for woman. I do welding art and its so frustrating looking for gear. Mens small is just not small enough. I have to wear kids gear..lol..So its nice to see the we are being recognized in this field..

Like (0)
  6. Sasha New Fashion Designer

Hey there I found your website by sheer luck, I was flipping through Yahoo for New Fashion Designers when I found your webpage, I must say your webpage is very interesting I just love the theme, its amazing!. I’m in a bit of a rush right now to entirely browse your site but I have favorited it and also signed up for your RSS feeds. I will be back when I have more time. Thanks for a great blog.

Like (0)
  7. Rachel Bicknell

I am glad to find this website! I am 25 years old, got journeyman status at 22 and have been welding for a total of 10 years. I have worked in machine shops, fab shops, spent a few years on the oil rigs and am currently working on a mine in BC. I am small and it is hard to find clothing I can wear to work! If anyone has more websites to get some in Canada, email me at rachel_bicknell@hotmail.com

Like (0)
  8. Amanda Gray

So good to see, I am 41 and about to start my boiler maker trade, at the moment i work making the steel that goes into concret footings and i love but have the prob of the gloves being way to big, i am only a small girl can not wait to have some gear that fits !!!!!!!!!!

Like (0)
  9. Deja

Hello 🙂 Finally just heard about this Angelfire Gear for women & tried to order online but it said its only for the US not Canada! So frustrating! I am a size 6 foot, pretty thin, but 5’6 tall. So its not like i’m that much out of the norm. But no womens gear is available! I’ve been struggling to find gear for yeeeaaarrrrsss! First size 6 cork boots for heli-logging, then buying gear & altering everything so it wasn’t dangrous for me to be wearing! Now work boots for the winter welding outdoors! So if you know of anywhere else to get ladies gear! Please do share! 🙂 Cheers

Like (0)