Weldcraft® WP-20 Gas Lens Collet Bodies Engineered To Improve TIG Welding-Quality And Lower Shield Gas Costs
TIG/GTAW, HeliArc, or HeliWeld gas lens collet bodies (also called Gas Flow Straighteners) are available in a wide variety of shapes and sizes depending on your TIG torch and your TIG welding application.
Gas lens collet bodies provide a number of benefits for TIG welding jobs. The primary benefit is improved shield gas coverage. This is achieved by flowing the shield gases through a series of concentric, layered screens of varying mesh. The screens generate a laminar gas flow column which optimizes the TIG weld zone shield gas coverage, and eliminates the turbulence created by a standard collet body which can draw in contaminants from the surrounding air. Gas lens collet bodies are mandatory for TIG welding oxidizing materials such as aluminum and stainless steel and will result in much cleaner, better looking welds!
A secondary benefit of improved shield gas coverage is that the tungsten electrode can be extended beyond the end of the gas cup by as much as 1" (25.4 mm). Tungsten electrode extension greatly improves welder visibility, and can reduce tungsten inclusions and weld defects. Additionally, with improved laminar gas flow patterns, and the additional copper used in the gas lens collet body design -- it works as a heat sink greatly improving heat transfer and dissipation which helps extend tungsten electrode tip life.
WP-20 Series Gas Lens Specifications
- Requires 598882 Teflon insulator (standard insulator on 9 & 20 & 25 Series TIG torches)
- Gas lens electrode capacity .020" (0.5mm) -to- 1/8" (2.4mm)
- Requires larger diameter gas lens nozzles (listed on separate page)
Note: Large Diameter Gas Lens Collet Bodies Require:
- 54N63-20 large gas lens Teflon Insulator (replaces standard insulator)
- Long gas lens collet (listed on separate page)
- Large diameter gas lens nozzles (listed on separate page)